(morsmal.org) Election 2013: Why should immigrants vote to your party?
- We will allow asylum seekers to work while waiting for a response, and believes that asylum children who have been in Norway for 3 years or more should be allowed to stay, says Heikki Eidsvoll Holmås from the Socialist Left Party in Oslo in an interview with morsmal.org
Morsmal.org has invited the top candidates from Oslo to provide 5 good reasons for why immigrants should vote to their party. Each day, leading up to the to the election day on 9th September, we will publish the responses here on Election 2013 - opinions.
Hans Heikki Eidsvoll Holmås from the Socialist Left Party. Read his answer below:
1. The Socialist Left Party's goal is a multicultural society without discrimination. We want room for differences, but at the same time work for the community to be built on common and absolute values of democracy, equality, anti-racism, human rights, freedom of expression and fair distribution of resources.
2. The Socialist Left Party stands for a humane, jointly and severally, directly secure fair asylum and immigration policy. We will allow asylum seekers to work while waiting for a response, and believes that asylum children who have been in Norway for 3 years or more should be allowed to stay. The Socialist Left Party will not limit the right to family reunification in the form of requirements for residence, work, economy or similar.
3. The Norwegian working life should be safe, equal and provide jobs for all. The Socialist Left Party's goal is a workplace with good wages and working conditions where permanent jobs is the main rule and a right.
4. The Socialist Left Party wants to ensure that teachers have adequate time to follow up our kids. Oslo schools need fewer tests and more teachers. The Socialist Left Party want to have a teacher norm that ensures that there are enough teachers per student. The Socialist Left Party want to facilitate a more convenient and varied school day.
5. The Socialist Left Party wants politicians to take back control of the housing market, so that everyone can have a safe home. Today it is too expensive to buy and rent a place to stay. Politicians must take greater responsibility for increased housing, and must not entrust the housing policy to the market alone.
This site was made with WebAPP, Web Automated Perl Portal. v1.0 build SE , a web portal system written in Perl. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their
respective owners. Comments are owned by the Poster. 2002-2011 VALG 2013.