(morsmal.org) Election 2013: Why should immigrants vote to your party?
- The Liberal Party believes it is a fundamental right to be with one's own family and will therefore will work for fair rules for family reunification and a smoother immigration administration, says Abid Raja from the Liberal Party in an interview with morsmal.org
Morsmal.org has invited the top candidates from Oslo to provide 5 good reasons for why immigrants should vote to their party. Each day, leading up to the to the election day on 9th September, we will publish the responses here on Election 2013 - opinions.
Today's guest is Abid Raja from the Liberal Party. Read his answer below:
1. Working: The Liberal Party will make it easier to obtain a resident permit on the basis of work, also from countries outside the EEA. We will work against discrimination of immigrants in the labor market including the opening of anonymous job applications and several temporary jobs. We will also make it easier and more efficient to get approved education from other countries. The Liberal Party wants asylum seekers to be able to work from day one.
2. Language training: A good public schools and good adult education is important for the Liberals. Language is the key into the Norwegian society and the Liberals will recruit more teachers from minority backgrounds into school and will give schools the opportunity to provide tuition to pupils' parents. The Liberal Party will provide increased support to NGOs that provide tuition in Norwegian and will give employers and employers tax exemptions/deductions to cover expenses in connection to Norwegian language courses.
3. Poverty Measures: In addition to helping immigrants into the labor market, the Liberal Party wants to provide free core time for children in kindergartens, cheaper SFO, higher child benefits, increased social assistance rates and increased grants and several schemes to help people onto the housing market.
4. Family reunification: The Liberal Party believes it is a fundamental right to be with one's own family and will therefore will work for fair rules for family reunification and a smoother immigration administration. We will increase the use of discretion, lowering income requirements for family reunification and make it easier to get a visa to Norway
5. Mental health services: It is important to increase awareness of minorities and mental health in all aspects of health management to ensure equivalence. The Liberal Party will make it easier to access psychologists in the municipalities and will strengthen school health. We will also increase research and increase access to information for building the taboos surrounding mental illness.
This site was made with WebAPP, Web Automated Perl Portal. v1.0 build SE , a web portal system written in Perl. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their
respective owners. Comments are owned by the Poster. 2002-2011 VALG 2013.