(morsmal.org) Election 2013: Why should immigrants vote to your party?
- We want Norway to commit to a greater degree in accepting refugees to Norway, as well as increase funding for refugee assistance internationally, says Hans Olav Syversen from the Christian Democratic Party in Oslo in an interview with morsmal.org
Morsmal.org has invited the top candidates from Oslo to provide 5 good reasons for why immigrants should vote to their party. Each day, leading up to the to the election day on 9th September, we will publish the responses here on Election 2013 - opinions.
Today's guest is Hans Olav Syversen from the Christian Democratic Party. Read his answer below:
1. The Christian Democratic Party bases its policy on the values of human dignity, compassion and stewardship. In it is that we believe that all people have infinite value, that we fight for solidarity, both national and international, and that the policy we design will be for the benefit of future generations.
2. The Christian Democratic Party believes families are the most important community in society, and we will increase volunteerism and freedom of families, through better leave of absence schemes, increased cash and a tax credit of 5,000 NOK per child.
3. The Christian Democratic Party want a dignified elderly. Therefore, we want to have more nursing homes, more nurses, better procedures and safer life for the elderly. Many seniors still want to contribute to society. Therefore, we want to ensure that those seniors who wish to, will have the opportunity to contribute to the community through strengthening NGOs and others.
4. With our international solidarity as the basis for our policy development, we have the most ambitious development policy in Norway. The goal is that we should give more than 1 per cent of gross national income to development aid. We also want Norway to commit to a greater degree in accepting refugees to Norway, as well as increase funding for refugee assistance internationally.
5. The Christian Democratic Party wants an integration policy based on mutual respect for each other's cultures, social structures, norms and rules. We want everyone to have the right and duty to learn the Norwegian language, we want everyone to have the opportunity for an introductory work and enforce stricter standards and procedures to ensure discrimination in the hiring process.
This site was made with WebAPP, Web Automated Perl Portal. v1.0 build SE , a web portal system written in Perl. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their
respective owners. Comments are owned by the Poster. 2002-2011 VALG 2013.